Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 06-11-2024, 09:56 AM   #1
sebastianleipzig
sebastianleipzig began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Shine 3
Question Which reader mainly for reading articles/websites?

I would like to upgrade to an ebook reader that makes it easy to read articles.

I am developer and often find tutorials, educational articles etc. that sound really interesting, but I have no joy in staring on my screen for 20 minutes just to read.

I currently have a Tolino Shine 3 and the firmware don't really helps me with articles. The browser is unusable etc.
A couple of weeks ago I came up with the insight, that Tolinos run Android (4.4.2) and managed to get KoReader on it. I tired Wallabag and was semi happy with it and my current workaround is to print websites to PDF and upload it to Dropbox and download it on my Reader.
Or us a browser plugin to print the website as epub and do the Dropbox dance.

This works - but it's a lot of effort.
But: I really enjoy having my reader full of nice articles and read them relaxed and on the go. I enjoy that even more than scrolling instagram.

How to do that more straight forward?

Was I found so far:
- If I go for a Reader with modern Android I could use something like EinkBro and install Pocket or Raindrop and just go that route. That would likely lead me to Boox?!
- I could get a Kobo and use Pocket.
- I guess kindle would also have ways, but I prefer to not use kindle.

What's your setup?
What would you suggest for me?

I currently have a 6" device (Tolino Shine 3 is basically the same hardware as Kobo Clara HD but other firmware).
I guess 7" could be slightly nicer while staying portable.

Backlight is a must.
I guess I don't need color.
Being able to write/draw on the device could be useful. But is not essential.
sebastianleipzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 12:32 PM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
EinkBro on Android eInk seems less good than Chrome or Firefox.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2024, 03:52 PM   #3
Anghirrim
Seeking for Graal
Anghirrim exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverAnghirrim exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverAnghirrim exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverAnghirrim exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverAnghirrim exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverAnghirrim exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverAnghirrim exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverAnghirrim exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverAnghirrim exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverAnghirrim exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverAnghirrim exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kobo Forma / Onyx Boox Page
I agree, tested both and I don't see any benefit with eInkBro vs Fennec.

Boox devices are nice (coming from a Kobo Forma and now to a Boox Page).
Anghirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 04:32 PM   #4
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
You probably want a Boox device, either the 6" Poke 5 or the 7" Page.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote