Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-20-2013, 02:28 PM   #1
gargoyle67
Addict
gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura
Emailing books to Kobo devices

I've just got my new Kobo Aura and would like to email my epub books to it,
I've read lots of post regarding sending\emailing books via Calibre and also read the Calibre help page on the subject. I've managed to send the books to my Gmail account but I seem to be missing a step, How do I forward the books from my Gmail to my Kobo device ? Or is this only possible via a Kindle ?

Thanks
gargoyle67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 04:53 PM   #2
gargoyle67
Addict
gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Ok just found my answer>No you cannot use wireless to transfer books\docs to Kobo, Shame
Advert
Old 09-20-2013, 05:14 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra H2O, Libra Colour
While you can't eMail them, you can make use of the calibre Content Server to download them via the web interface.

Alternatively, there is also Google Drive on Kobo Touch but I'd caution you in that I don't believe it is yet working on current F/W versions; you could ask in that thread and see..
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:30 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
There's always the option of using the browser to download from Dropbox too. I don't usually do it, but it's come in handy a couple of times.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:58 AM   #5
gargoyle67
Addict

Thanks guys I'd seen both those methods, Emailing just seemed so much easier\quicker
Advert
Old 03-04-2019, 03:09 PM   #6
pmcd
pmcd began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
While you can't eMail them, you can make use of the calibre Content Server to download them via the web interface.

Alternatively, there is also Google Drive on Kobo Touch but I'd caution you in that I don't believe it is yet working on current F/W versions; you could ask in that thread and see..
Even if you connect to the Calibre Server using the experimental browser on the Kobo how do you then save it to the Kobo? I seem to only be able to read the book in the browser and the book does not appear in the Kobo library.
pmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 06:22 PM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcd View Post
Even if you connect to the Calibre Server using the experimental browser on the Kobo how do you then save it to the Kobo? I seem to only be able to read the book in the browser and the book does not appear in the Kobo library.
How are you managing to do that? It has been a little while since I used the browser to connect to the calibre server, but, it wasn't working with the calibre v3 web interface and you need to use the mobile site. Then, tapping a book downloads it, adds it to the Kobo library and offers to open it. If you don't open it, it should be listed in the library.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 04:56 AM   #8
pmcd
pmcd began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
How are you managing to do that? It has been a little while since I used the browser to connect to the calibre server, but, it wasn't working with the calibre v3 web interface and you need to use the mobile site. Then, tapping a book downloads it, adds it to the Kobo library and offers to open it. If you don't open it, it should be listed in the library.
I didn’t actually read the book. I connected to the server, had to switch to the mobile side as the default calibre server page wasn’t loading. Then saw the books. Downloaded and closed as I didn’t want to read it in the browser. But at that point it wasn’t in the library either. Just vanished. Will try again. I am using a Kobo Clara HD bought a few months ago.
pmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 05:12 AM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcd View Post
I didn’t actually read the book. I connected to the server, had to switch to the mobile side as the default calibre server page wasn’t loading. Then saw the books. Downloaded and closed as I didn’t want to read it in the browser. But at that point it wasn’t in the library either. Just vanished. Will try again. I am using a Kobo Clara HD bought a few months ago.
If you saw the open/close confirmation promp, the books should be there. I just tested a few books here and they all downloaded OK. And I tried both options. I did have to change the sort to see the books as for once I didn't have the list in "Recent" order. The download dumps the books in the root directory, so you can check for them there. There could be file name issues, but, calibre should be sending names that are OK on the device, and the download should make sure they are unique.

Also, check the firmware version and calibre version. Both have had some issues, but, I don't remember if the calibre version with problems was released. It might have been found during beta's. The firmware has also had some problems, but I don't think the last set were fixed before the Clara HD was released. Also, I think that for the last problem that existed, if you got to the point of seeing the confirmation prompt, the download worked

Lastly, if you open the book from the download success prompt, it doesn't open the book in the browser. It opens the book as it would from the library.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote