Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 03-09-2012, 12:04 PM   #1
rrcollier
rrcollier began at the beginning.

Device: iRiver Story HD
Question epub metadata?

I've just got an iRiver Story HD this week and copied a bunch of epub files onto it.

I've noticed that the Author & Title are not read from the epub file until I actually open the file to read for the first time, before I do so it shows up as '<filename> EPUB unknown' in the list of books, afterwards as '<title> EPUB <author>'.

Is there a way to force a bulk read of the metadata does anyone know?

Thanks.
rrcollier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #2
CJJ
Zealot
CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: laptop, iriver Story HD, Galaxy Tab2 10.1
I haven't had a problem with titles but do see this phenomenon as it pertains to displaying the Author. I use Calibre to upload non Google purchases. Curious if this happens for those upload directly via Windows.
CJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2012, 05:01 PM   #3
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
No, there is no way.

Switch to folder view. Set up Calibre to create a folder structure to your liking.

If the DB view was usable at all I would probably spend some time to reverse engineer the format of the bookDB.* files and write a Calibre plugin that updates this DB as it exports books to the reader.

But it's not usable (e.g. does not show series and number in the series, just title and author), so it's just pointless effort.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:23 AM   #4
TonyKZ1
TonyKZ1 began at the beginning.

Ahh okay, this was going to be one of my first questions on how to fix this. I'll just use the folder view then.
Thanks, Tony
TonyKZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:25 AM   #5
TonyKZ1
TonyKZ1 began at the beginning.

Ahh okay, this was going to be one of my first questions on how to fix this. I'll just use the folder view then.
Thanks, Tony
TonyKZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert