Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 10-01-2021, 06:23 PM   #1
Nursken
Nursken began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note3
Wink Hello from Iowa - Kindle / Boox Note3

Kindle user since about every model since 2009 and still have a Paperwhite (32GB) and a Voyage (2GB with page buttons). Anyway, have grown tired a bit with Amazon's hardware platform and their lack of innovation. USB-C & screen size are my main concerns, the Oasis didn't exactly grab my attention (ever)/ Boox Onyx has with a few mainstream US vendors offering.

I've tried many writing platforms and been disappointed - Samsung Chromebook, iPad Pro,Samsung Note10+ and Lenovo Yoga C930. Last three aren't too bad. The iPad pro with plug-in charging in the iPad itself is stupid looking....other two have a little-bitty stylus. I spend way too much on hardware for mobile use.

Decisions... read about all the platforms ReMarkable 2, Supernote a5x and Boox Lumi. ReMarkable too limiting in terms of function, the Supernote a bit stale. Couldn't justify a 13 inch Boox Lumi, but the Note Air was tempting. Anything I get is going into a case so decided on the Note3. Should be here in a few days. I like the 64GB/4GB RAM, updated CPU to open up PDF science journal articles. Also, the Amazon Kindle app install and writing notes and/or casual journal type use (although I am an academic).

Can't wait for the Note3 to come!
Nursken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 09:17 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Hello and welcome to MobileRead!
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert