Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-26-2015, 04:46 AM   #1
Atter
Atter began at the beginning.

Device: PW, PW2, KV
Kindle Paperwhite exit Demo without serial connection

Dear All!

I've bought a Kindle Paperwhite (EY21) Demo unit and wanted to un-demo it.
When i've disassembled it, it turned out that the serial pads are completely burned Only the GND pad is accessible.
Is there any way to install a stock FW on it without the serial connection?
I can do any experiment on it as it's useless at the moment.
So if you have any idea please let me know!

Atter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:15 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Burned pads / vias ?
That is repairable.

You can usually find the materials at a local electronic hobbyist supply; or
Materials and directions on-line at any site that handles board re-work supplies.

"board re-work" is probably your key search phrase.

Last edited by knc1; 03-26-2015 at 08:23 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2015, 04:05 PM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
No indication of what country your in, but in the USA, here is one firm with both DIY materials and directions or a mail-in fix-it service for you:
http://www.circuitmedic.com/

The index page for circuitry and hole repairs:
http://www.circuitrework.com/services/circuits.shtml

- - - - -

Hmm...
The (top of the line) "professional repair kit" is priced at about the cost of 7 Kindles.

I posted "possible" I did not post "practical"
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 10:38 AM   #4
Atter

Thanks!

Managed to connect to it with a help of a little digging and some needle

Last edited by Atter; 03-28-2015 at 02:24 PM.
Old 03-29-2015, 08:45 PM   #5
Dexmaster
Connoisseur
Dexmaster might easily be mistaken for a TexanDexmaster might easily be mistaken for a TexanDexmaster might easily be mistaken for a TexanDexmaster might easily be mistaken for a TexanDexmaster might easily be mistaken for a TexanDexmaster might easily be mistaken for a TexanDexmaster might easily be mistaken for a TexanDexmaster might easily be mistaken for a TexanDexmaster might easily be mistaken for a TexanDexmaster might easily be mistaken for a TexanDexmaster might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle PW5 (11th gen, 6.8in)
I never had any demo device in my hand so I'm not sure it's a solution.

But you could probably undemo it by typing ";exit_demo" into a search box (magnifier button).

I was thinking it's good idea after reading this post.

P.S. If you'll have another demo device you could try it, it's an interesting command.It removes demo flag (probably).

Last edited by Dexmaster; 03-29-2015 at 08:48 PM.
Dexmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2015, 02:11 PM   #6
Atter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexmaster View Post
I never had any demo device in my hand so I'm not sure it's a solution.

But you could probably undemo it by typing ";exit_demo" into a search box (magnifier button).

I was thinking it's good idea after reading this post.

P.S. If you'll have another demo device you could try it, it's an interesting command.It removes demo flag (probably).
Hi!

Not working on PW1, maybe on PW2... If i'll get a PW2 demo unit i'll definitely try it out