Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old Yesterday, 05:48 PM   #1
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Android de-Googled?

I can't imagine it will really happen.
https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...onopoly-ruling

MS maybe should have been been split in 3. They are repeating what they did with IE with Edge.

Very little changes. Apple is fighting hard against EU regarding getting income on anything related to iOS, even when it's nothing to do with them.

See also Amazon and English language eBooks, Kindle, Goodreads, IMDB, Audible and KDP Select / KU exclusive. Dark patter marketing of Audible and Prime.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:36 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I'm completely invested in Google's Android garden (Pixel Phone, Pixel Tablet, Pixel Buds--not to mention GMail and Google Calendar). A big part of that is because the plain-jane vanilla Android on their devices is far less annoying than that on any other Android phone/tablet/device I've ever used. It just works like it's supposed to. I get a new device, I log in, and there's my stuff (without any unwanted stuff). The Buds switch seamlessly from phone to tablet just by picking one up and playing something. I'm not for anything that threatens to dork up my device nirvana simply because some people can't NOT tilt at windmills.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 11:17 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post

It just works like it's supposed to. I get a new device, I log in, and there's my stuff (without any unwanted stuff). The Buds switch seamlessly from phone to tablet just by picking one up and playing something. I'm not for anything that threatens to dork up my device nirvana simply because some people can't NOT tilt at windmills.
That is NOT what this is about!

Besides, frozen pigs will fly over hell before it happens.
Old Today, 12:02 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
That is NOT what this is about!
Maybe not directly. But it's my position that "everything just works" precisely because of the One Ring to Rule Them All effect. There is no doubt in my mind that my seamless integration experience would begin to suffer if Android was no longer under the control of the manufacturer of the devices it runs on. Patches to ameliorate hardware issues would become drawn-out battles between separate entities.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:53 PM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Google wouldn't be making phones & tablets, but Android would.

Beside many would not agree with your perception of "seamless integration experience" or even "everything just works"being limited to Google branded, or being real or actually good.

You are totally missing the point of the investigation and proposed (and very unlikely to happen) remedy.
Advert
Old Today, 03:27 PM   #6
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

A better article than "The Giuardian"
https://www.theregister.com/2024/08/..._monopoly_fix/
Quote:
Google is a monopoly. The fix isn't obvious

A business breakup may be coming – but what comes after may not be better
Thomas Claburn
Thu 15 Aug 2024 // 11:28 UTC
COMMENT After more than 15 years of insisting that "competition is only a click away," Google's antitrust mantra is no longer keeping the regulators at bay.