Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-10-2019, 09:54 PM   #1
cerem0ny
Evangelist
cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
Finding out default 'Publisher Font' in standard Epub

Hey y'all,

Sorry if this is the wrong board (couldnt work out whether to place it here, in the Calibre forum or the Developers corner) but I got a new book and converted it to .kfx and put it on my kindle. When I change the font settings to 'Publisher Font', it displays the text in a really nice font! I want to find out what is the specific name of the font so I can possibly buy it, download it and sideload it to my kindle.
Can anyone give me a hand?
Thanks

Last edited by cerem0ny; 09-11-2019 at 01:58 AM.
cerem0ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 10:10 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
You can use the editor in calibre to examine the components of an EPUB, including an fonts it contains.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2019, 02:45 AM   #3
cerem0ny
Evangelist
cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
You can use the editor in calibre to examine the components of an EPUB, including an fonts it contains.
Hrmmm yes I did find a few options to examine the ePub but Calibre kept coming up with all these errors... and the default font used nowhere to be seen. I’ll have to investigate further - is would it be possible to get some step-by-step instructions? :P
Old 09-11-2019, 03:01 AM   #4
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerem0ny View Post
I’ll have to investigate further - is would it be possible to get some step-by-step instructions? :P
If the EPUB is in your calibre library then select that book entry and click the "Edit book" icon. If you don't have that icon enabled then right click and choose "Edit book". In the "File browser" panel scroll down to the "Fonts" category. Right click each font file and export. Then use the tool of your choice to examine the font details.

Or you can unzip the EPUB file and look for fonts in the resulting files.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 03:50 AM   #5
colinsky
Addict
colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
From the CSS:
Quote:
@font-face {font-family: 'Shift Light'; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; src: url('../fonts/Shift-Light.otf');}
@font-face {font-family: 'Shift Light'; font-style: italic; font-weight: bold; src: url('../fonts/Shift-BoldItalic.otf');}
colinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2019, 04:39 AM   #6
cerem0ny
Evangelist

Wow, sounds complicated hehehe. Thanks for the help though. :-)