Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-10-2016, 02:56 AM   #1
paulfiera
Addict
paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE, Kobo Libra H20
Kobo database version unsupported

I'm getting this message when sending books to my Kobo H2O

Spoiler:
calibre, version 2.48.0
WARNING: Failed: Kobo database version unsupported - See details

Your Kobo is running an updated firmware/database version. As calibre does not know about this updated firmware, database editing is disabled, to prevent corruption. You can still send books to your Kobo with calibre, but deleting books and managing collections is disabled. If you are willing to experiment and know how to reset your Kobo to Factory defaults, you can override this check by right clicking the device icon in calibre and selecting "Configure this device" and then the "Attempt to support newer firmware" option. Doing so may require you to perform a factory reset of your Kobo.
Device database version: 125.
Device firmware version: (3, 19, 5761)

It may be the reason why the Reading List PI no longer syncronizes automatic.

Anybody knows what the reason would be?

Thanks
paulfiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 03:10 AM   #2
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Do this: override this check by right clicking the device icon in calibre and selecting "Configure this device" and then the "Attempt to support newer firmware" option.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2016, 03:51 AM   #3
paulfiera
Addict
paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Do this: override this check by right clicking the device icon in calibre and selecting "Configure this device" and then the "Attempt to support newer firmware" option.
Many thanks, meeera.

Now I don't get the error message. The Reading list PI doesn't syncronize though. I'll probably post on the PI thread.
Old 01-10-2016, 05:36 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfiera View Post
Now I don't get the error message. The Reading list PI doesn't syncronize though. I'll probably post on the PI thread.
Are you sure? The firmware mismatch doesn't stop sending books, it just blocks the driver functions that could update the database on the device. And, any time this happens here, the list is synced. The reason it could stop is if the device is being identified as a different device. Check in the plugins configuration that the device is correctly identified.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 05:46 AM   #5
paulfiera
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Are you sure? The firmware mismatch doesn't stop sending books, it just blocks the driver functions that could update the database on the device. And, any time this happens here, the list is synced. The reason it could stop is if the device is being identified as a different device. Check in the plugins configuration that the device is correctly identified.
Thanks, davidfor.

I think I've solved the problem. It looks like somehow the H2O wasn't properly recognized by the PI even though I've used it many times before.

I removed the device from the PI in the Devices tab and then clicked on "Add connected device". Resulting in the connected icon being shown in the Status column. After doing that, the books in my reading list automatically synced with the Kobo.
Advert