Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old Today, 07:32 AM   #1
Colonel Cathcart
Addict
Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
how do you handle a multi-volume book?

I came across a few ebooks that were released in the same manner that their dead tree counterparts were released, in two or three volumes.
Do you organize them as three books in a series? 1, 2 and 3, for example? or maybe 0.1, 0.2, 0.3? does Kobo support fractions like that OK?

I haven't came across this yet, but what if that 2-volume book is, in fact, part of a series? what then?

Your suggestions are appreciated.
Colonel Cathcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:31 AM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
I have a text-based custom column in Calibre I use to write down the volumes included, e.g. [1-3]. In the default series column I just put 1, because it doesn't support multiple volumes, and I hate using fractions. The next volume would then be 4. On my Kobo I only see the default series data, of course, but this doesn't bother me - I look things up in Calibre if needed.

I know most folks use fractions in this case, but I don't want to.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 09:39 AM   #3
fogice
Groupie
fogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Kobo supports decimals. I also use decimals for novellas and short stories that are interspersed between novels in a series.
fogice is offline   Reply With Quote