Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-25-2019, 07:01 AM   #1
Chocky
Addict
Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Touch
What is the latest Kindle for PC version that works with Calibre?

I am currently using an old, (very), version of Kindle for PC because I had problems with the later releases.

The version I am using is 1.15.00 (43061)

Does anybody know if it is OK to use the latest version?

The problem I had before is that the later versions seemed to hide the book very well so that I couldn't find it to import into Calibre.
Chocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 08:21 AM   #2
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
I'd go for 1.24. See this thread for why.

BTW I think the files have been in the same place, "My Kindle Content" under your user's Documents folder, for the last several versions.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2019, 08:24 AM   #3
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
The latest version of Kindle for PC that works with calibre is version 1.24.3. (Version 1.25 will not work.)

You can find where your books are being placed from the program. Use Tools -> Options -> Content and look under "Current content folder". Recent K4PC versions store books in individual subfolders under that folder.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 08:26 AM   #4
Chocky
Addict
Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post
I'd go for 1.24. See this thread for why.

BTW I think the files have been in the same place, "My Kindle Content" under your user's Documents folder, for the last several versions.
Thanks for that, I meant to add that I have got a Kobo Glo HD, hopefully 1.24 will still work.
Chocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 06:06 AM   #5
gandoe
Enthusiast
gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.

Device: none
Just got this in my weekly forum update...my apologies for jumping in late.

By "work with Calibre", I assume you mean that the conversion add-on is able to successfully convert the new KFX format into something more standard and useful in Calibre?

I have remained on Kindle v 1.19 for the last xx (?) months, so that I could successfully copy and convert my few Amz ebook purchases (direct from the web) into my Calibre library - based on the guidelines offered by jhowell in the referenced thread.

It would seem that a KFX conversion plug-in is now working successfully for versions up to 1.24...I'll review the entire thread.

Thanks
Ed
gandoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert