Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-06-2018, 10:39 AM   #1
bobodude
Connoisseur
bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BooX M96
Max Carta 2 as monitor - video footage desired

Hi, i am seriously considering getting the max carta 2 (will probably get it anyway),

but would like to hear some comments from those who have it, specifically regarding using it as a HDMI monitor (even better if on a linux computer).

What i am mostly interested in, is to use the Max 2 as a monitor to browse the web, read PDF's, write in Liberoffice/atom/vim, ...

Video footage would be awesome.

Thanks in advance :-)

PS: i have seen comments on other threads regarding this issue, but it would be nice to have the info in one thread (might be useful for others browsing the site too ...)

Last edited by bobodude; 01-06-2018 at 10:44 AM.
bobodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 11:52 AM   #2
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobodude View Post
Video footage would be awesome.
I just posted video in the "Monitor" thread.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2018, 01:28 PM   #3
bobodude
Connoisseur
bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BooX M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
I just posted video in the "Monitor" thread.
hi,

i saw your video (hadn't seen the 2nd one)

I see you are using linux, does the monitor work well with hdmi connection on linux ?

what is the performance difference between vnc and hdmi ?

thx !!!

Last edited by bobodude; 01-06-2018 at 01:47 PM.
bobodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 01:51 PM   #4
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
I see you are using linux, does the monitor work well with hdmi connection on linux ?
Yes, perfectly, but have you read the rest of the debate? There are pros, cons, limitations...

Quote:
what is the performance difference between vnc and hdmi ?
Very similar
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote