Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-16-2016, 02:32 AM   #1
healinggreen
healinggreen began at the beginning.

Device: none
Response time of the Onyx Boox Max (vs Dasung monitor)

I only have a kindle to compare it to, but on that kindle, i don't do anything else but read. So although the response time on the kindle is pretty poor, I notice it when I try to type, it's never bothered me too much.

But it seems to me that you need a lot of patience (in this day and age) to wait for the Max to load and generally work, because as it is an Android system, you can do much more on it. I guess this is normal for e-ink? I guess if I only use it for reading pdf files, it performs well. But I was trying to do more stuff on it. But I guess it's not practical to try to use it as something more than a reader. Typing is laggy, has this been other people's experience too? I guess with e-ink, there will always be this lag when you're typing. Or could it be insufficient RAM?

Has anyone tried the Dasung monitor? How's the response time, is it similar to the Max?

I just wonder if there is a future for e-ink in other areas besides reading purposes.

Thank you.
healinggreen is offline   Reply With Quote