Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old Yesterday, 09:06 PM   #1
pypeke
Connoisseur
pypeke began at the beginning.

Device: Nook HD+
how do I move library from old PC to new PC

I copied my library on my old PC to a thumb drive. Then, I moved them to Calibre Library on the new PC. I can see them on C> User>Calibre.

Now, I cannot figure out what I did wrong. I have to "add a book" one at a time to get them to show up in Calibre Library on the new PC.

So, how can I fix this? Thanks.
pypeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:12 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Did you use the Switch/create library tool with the Use a previously existing library at the chosen new location option? You need to tell calibre where the old libraries were copied to.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Yesterday, 09:13 PM   #3
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
When I moved my library to my new PC, I copied the C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\calibre folder from the old pc to the new pc.

This assumes that the ebooks themselves still have the same path on the new pc.
Karellen is online now   Reply With Quote