Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-29-2013, 11:42 AM   #1
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Question Getting Shelves in Calibre to show up on my Glo

I feel very silly asking this, since I had it working fine before, but here goes anyway.

When I assign a book to a shelf using calibre, then send the book to my Glo, it doesn't assign it to that name in the "collections" column when I click on Device or CardA. And more importantly, doesn't show up on my shelves when I eject.

In the plugin options, the only thing that seems to have anything to do with shelves is "create bookshelves"...I have that ticked. I have "Automatic management" selected for Sending Books to device.

What am I missing (or possibly missing)?

I had it working before, but when I did a clean install of ubuntu, I of course had a clean install of calibre, so all my settings had to be adjusted again, but it's hard to remember what I did the first time.

Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:51 AM   #2
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
This thread will get shelves back for you.

I used the info from my existing Tags and Series columns instead of creating another column for myshelves. If you do it that way, instead of typing in #myshelves, series where instructed, just type in tags, series instead and you'll have books placed on shelves by the tags you assigned and by series name.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2013, 11:52 AM   #3
chrisparker
Connoisseur
chrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: iPad Air 4, iPad mini 5, Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One, Nook ST Glowlight
Calibre > Preferences > Plugins > Kobo Device Interface (or Kobo Touch or KoboTouchExtended) > Customize Plugin

Then, in the field marked "Specify a tags type column for automatic management" enter the lookup name of your custom column preceded by a #

If you also want a shelf for series, you could use something like:

#koboshelf, series

This thread has all you need to know:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=193184

Hope this helps.
chrisparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:04 PM   #4
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Thanks for the help and links! (I'll have to bookmark that one, so next time I know where to find it!) Got it sorted again! Knew I must be missing something simple!

Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote