Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-13-2024, 10:25 AM   #1
Kindleschokolade
Connoisseur
Kindleschokolade began at the beginning.

Device: kindle PW3
Kindle PW2 ( 6th gen ) 3G Version skip register

Hello,
I came across a Kindle PW2 ( 6th gen ) 3G that I hoped I could jailbreak and use for a project.
However after re-reading a lot of posts here regarding jailbreaks and such it seems that this device is somehow not supported?
Also is there a way to skip the Amazon Account screen that pops up after boot?
It seems that I have to have an account to use the device?
Thought that the Amazon 3G mobile service was supposed to end by 2021 but the device still "knows" that the account data I put in does not exist.

Any help greatly appreciated

Edit: never mind, I was able to jailbreak using the "watchthis" jailbreak.
Seems I did not read all posts after all.

Last edited by Kindleschokolade; 06-13-2024 at 11:07 AM.
Kindleschokolade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2024, 11:40 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
There are two separate 3G issues:
1) The locality actually having 3G, though in Europe 3G modems can fall back to EDGE on 2G, which is still in some places for meters and traffic lights. (Not USA).

2) Amazon ended support for the shop on 3G/2G(EDGE) everywhere.

The Kindles do need to be registered to add ebooks to a collection or create collections.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2024, 04:51 PM   #3
AlPonappan
AlPonappan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Question Facing Same Issue. Could you help me out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindleschokolade View Post
Hello,

I came across a Kindle PW2 ( 6th gen ) 3G that I hoped I could jailbreak and use for a project.
However after re-reading a lot of posts here regarding jailbreaks and such it seems that this device is somehow not supported?
Also is there a way to skip the Amazon Account screen that pops up after boot?
It seems that I have to have an account to use the device?
Thought that the Amazon 3G mobile service was supposed to end by 2021 but the device still "knows" that the account data I put in does not exist.

Any help greatly appreciated

Edit: never mind, I was able to jailbreak using the "watchthis" jailbreak.
Seems I did not read all posts after all.

How did you manage? Even I cannot get to skip register since it automatically connects to cellular data
AlPonappan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 09:21 AM   #4
Kindleschokolade
Connoisseur
Kindleschokolade began at the beginning.

Device: kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlPonappan View Post
How did you manage? Even I cannot get to skip register since it automatically connects to cellular data
Hello. When in the register screen, I did a hard reboot and ended up in the normal home screen.
Kindleschokolade is offline   Reply With Quote