Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-01-2024, 03:51 PM   #1
CheapSweetLife
CheapSweetLife began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question I'm trying to get some information from pdf file names

Here is what I started with: First_for_Women_-_April_8_2024.pdf I removed all the _ from the current file names and switched them with spaces and I added some numbers for the dates. So now I have First for Women - April 08 2024.pdf. I have changed all of the files for First for Women magazines there are over 100.

So what I'm trying to do is get all of the main magazines into there own folders such as follows. First for Women which is a folder name for the main magazines. And then there will be folders titled after years. Like 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, and 2024. And I will have the organized by year.

I plan to do the same with other magazines based on magazines by folder as well.

So here is what I want to do I want to take the date from the file name and use them for tags as well as metadata for dates as well. I have month based on spelling such as April then there is a space with a date with double digits even for something like 3 its 03 and then I also have year as a 4 digit number. How do I take the date and keep it from file name and can I use the full dates. Or should it be changed to something like April,2024 or 04,2024. How should I do this.
CheapSweetLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2024, 08:08 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Please read the following and the links therein ==>> Want to change folder structure or file names in the Calibre library?

In essence the structure of the library subfolders is based on Author [first] and Title and the actual names of the folders and files are algorithmically determined.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
dates, metadata