Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-27-2024, 05:08 PM   #1
nedd
nedd began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Calibre Won't Launch - Splash Screen Only

Hi!

I've gone through all the solutions I've found so far (uninstall/reinstall, repair, windows start mode, cascading windows, emptying temp folder, deleting metadata files) and no luck: starting Calibre gives a splash screen, then just the icon on the task bar (hovering over which previews a black rectangle).

Did not try removing the DeDRM plug-in, as can't open the program to do so.

Waiting - even for hours/overnight - changes nothing.

Debug results gave this:

C:\Users\name>calibre-debug -g
calibre 7.9 embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19045-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19045')
Python 3.11.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19045', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
EXE path: C:\Program Files\Calibre24\calibre-debug.exe
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (7, 1, 0) && EpubSplit (3, 6, 0) && Kindle hi-res covers (0, 5, 0) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 83, 1) && Obok DeDRM (6, 7, 0)
qt.qpa.screen: "Unable to open monitor interface to \\\\.\\DISPLAY1:" "The operation completed successfully."
QPA platform: windows
devicePixelRatio: 1.0
logicalDpi: 96.0 x 96.0
physicalDpi: 96.0 x 95.9160839160839
ApplicationPaletteChange event ignored
Using calibre Qt style: True

Any ideas are very welcome - thank you!
nedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2024, 11:52 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
See the line

qt.qpa.screen: "Unable to open monitor interface to \\\\.\\DISPLAY1:" "The operation completed successfully."

This indicates Qt is unable to query the OS for your monitor. That is likely the cause. I'm not a windows user so I dont have any ideas for what might the underlying issue be, but in general, my suggestions are: update the drivers on your machine, try plugging the monitor into a different port in case it is an external monitor, run a registry cleaner, reboot in safe mode.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 10:06 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
DISPLAY1: Is this a pseudo device (or spyware)

CON:, LPT1:, NUL: ...
These I know
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
launch, windows10