Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old Today, 12:58 PM   #1
Bravura
Bravura began at the beginning.

Device: Laptop; Samsung A71 mobile
Can't seem to create subgroups

Hello. I'm new to Calibre so please excuse what I'm sure is an elementary question. It must have been asked and answered many times here but I can't find it.

I'm using the latest build (7.15) of Calibre on a Windows 10 laptop. I've set up a hierarchy structure and created a genre called "Cooking". When I try to create a subgroup under "Cooking" called "French", it appears instead as a new genre ("Cooking.French") separate from the genre "Cooking".

How do I create a subgroup under a genre? Any help is appreciated!
Bravura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:19 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravura View Post
Hello. I'm new to Calibre so please excuse what I'm sure is an elementary question. It must have been asked and answered many times here but I can't find it.

I'm using the latest build (7.15) of Calibre on a Windows 10 laptop. I've set up a hierarchy structure and created a genre called "Cooking". When I try to create a subgroup under "Cooking" called "French", it appears instead as a new genre ("Cooking.French") separate from the genre "Cooking".

How do I create a subgroup under a genre? Any help is appreciated!
Read this. It should help.

https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/sub_groups.html
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert