Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old Yesterday, 08:35 PM   #1
b00kwyrm
b00kwyrm began at the beginning.

Device: Nook OG 32GB, KT3, PW5 16Gb, KT5, Android KOreader
Portableapps.com Calibre still 7.14...update?

Running portable apps version of Calibre for convenience of moving between laptops while travelling.

The portable apps version is still on 7.14. Although I don't frequently use the server function. I do use it on occasion when one of my companions wants to peruse the library for new content.

When can we expect an update to the portableapps.com version?
Alternatively, is there a way to manually update my portableapps install using the 7.17 package from https://calibre-ebook.com/download?
b00kwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:36 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
https://calibre-ebook.com/download_portable
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Yesterday, 08:53 PM   #3
b00kwyrm
b00kwyrm began at the beginning.

Device: Nook OG 32GB, KT3, PW5 16Gb, KT5, Android KOreader
Thanks @Sirtel. Looks like it may just be a drag and drop into SSD\PortableApps\calibrePortable using your link.

Interesting that the portable version is available on calibre-ebook.com but not portableapps.com. I couldn't find any information about who is maintaining the portableapps.com package. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks! I will tinker with this

Found this too.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=300305

Last edited by b00kwyrm; Yesterday at 08:58 PM.
b00kwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote