Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-19-2024, 10:50 PM   #1
jeyn2
jeyn2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10th generation
Combine or merge two libraries on same device

I have two libraries on a PC. How can I combine or merge them?

I see instructions online a few places that say to select books in Library 2, right-click and "copy to ...", but this command does not seem to appear on currrent version.

Thanks
jeyn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2024, 11:14 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeyn2 View Post
I have two libraries on a PC. How can I combine or merge them?

I see instructions online a few places that say to select books in Library 2, right-click and "copy to ...", but this command does not seem to appear on currrent version.

Thanks
By default it is in book list context menu, if it isn't add to to a toolbar or menu, viz:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-09-20 130958.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	176.5 KB
ID:	210908

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2024, 11:27 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Also note that the other (target) Library mist appear on the quick switch list.
You can't copy to... if there is no known target
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2024, 11:31 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I tried this on a dummy library. Selected a group of books, right clicked, clicked on Copy to Library and select <library name> delete after copy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-09-19 203016.png
Views:	28
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	210909  
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2024, 12:16 AM   #5
jeyn2
jeyn2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10th generation
Thanks everyone. I succeeded, but in a roundabout way, it seems.

I probably did not originally create the new library properly.

I exported Library 2 from an old computer, "created" a second libarary on my new computer, just by making a new folder in Windows in the default directory (same directory where my original library was), and imported.

When I wrote here, I was trying to figure out how to copy from Lib 2 to "Lib 1."

I was not able to add the command to the main toolbar, but I could add it to a different menu/bar, which I did, and it worked.

I don't know about the "quick switch list."

If someone else uses this thread for help, they can probably figure it out.

Last edited by jeyn2; 09-24-2024 at 12:17 AM. Reason: clarify
jeyn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert