Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old Today, 09:51 AM   #1
contenitore21
contenitore21 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
paperwhite and calibre

I had a kindle with mechanical controls and had no problems using it with calibre. Now it broke and I bought a new paperwhite. I sent books to the kindle via email and now if I delete them from calibre they remain on the kindle. Why and how can I solve it? thanks
contenitore21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:40 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by contenitore21 View Post
I had a kindle with mechanical controls and had no problems using it with calibre. Now it broke and I bought a new paperwhite. I sent books to the kindle via email and now if I delete them from calibre they remain on the kindle. Why and how can I solve it? thanks
They remain because you are deleting them from calibre and not from the Kindle.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 12:48 PM   #3
contenitore21

no, because on calibre i delete them from the device
Old Today, 01:01 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra H2O, Libra Colour
Yes; but you sent them via eMail to the Kindle. How on earth do you expect calibre to communicate the fact that the book was removed to the Kindle?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:13 PM   #5
contenitore21

I believe that when I send the book via email it is stored in the device's memory. In fact calibre sees it and I think that if I tell calibre to remove it from the device it does not matter how it was loaded onto the device. Isn't that so? and if not how can I delete it from the kindle? Thanks
Advert
Old Today, 02:04 PM   #6
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
I'm guessing wildly here, but what you're seeing are probably books on your account that haven't been downloaded. If you email your books, they'll be sent to your Amazon account and stay there, whether you remove them from your Kindle or not.

Edit: you'll need to delete them from your Amazon account, not only from the Kindle. If you don't want any books to be sent to your account, use USB transfer, not emailing.

Last edited by Sirtel; Today at 02:10 PM.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:18 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
@contenitore21 I think we are all guessing at what's going on. Can you give us detail on exactly what's going on so we'll know what's happening so we can give the correct advice?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:31 PM   #8
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Looking at what you wrote, once you send the ebooks via Send to Kindle, the ebooks are stored in Amazon's cloud and are downloaded from there to your Kindle. You would need to delete them either on your Kindle or from your Amazon account. To be able to have calibre remove the books from your Kindle, you would need to send them directly (likely using a USB connection) from calibre to your Kindle.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:44 PM   #9
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by contenitore21 View Post
I believe that when I send the book via email it is stored in the device's memory. In fact calibre sees it and I think that if I tell calibre to remove it from the device it does not matter how it was loaded onto the device. Isn't that so? and if not how can I delete it from the kindle? Thanks
If you send a book via email, it will also exist on your Amazon account. So deleting it from your Kindle is not enough; it also needs to be deleted from your account.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote