Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-12-2024, 02:33 AM   #1
Valkrider
Addict
Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, iPadAir2, PRS600, iPhone 6, iPod, Palm TX
Sideloaded books not showing in Kobo

I am running the latest version of Calibre on an M3 iMac. I read using a Kobo Libra.

I usually sideload books using the Mac's Finder app.

I use Calibre to store my library. Yesterday I sideloaded a couple of books and later in the day whilst the Kobo was still connected and charging I ran Calibre to add the same books to the Calibre library. The books I had sideloaded were not showing as 'on my device'. So I thought maybe I hadn't sideloaded them so added them using Calibre. They then showed as on my device.

When the Kobo was fully charged I disconnected it and went to My Books and found the same two books twice in the list.

Is there some reason why sideloaded books are not shown as on my device in Calibre, I thought they always used to be?
Valkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 09:43 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
They will if you ONLY transfer via Calibre.
If you send books outside Calibre, you might have to click on the Device instead of Library icon to see the extra books, which can be matched to library.

Only use Finder to copy stuff not in Calibre, if you have stuff you don't want in Calibre.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2024, 01:14 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkrider View Post
I am running the latest version of Calibre on an M3 iMac. I read using a Kobo Libra.

I usually sideload books using the Mac's Finder app.

I use Calibre to store my library. Yesterday I sideloaded a couple of books and later in the day whilst the Kobo was still connected and charging I ran Calibre to add the same books to the Calibre library. The books I had sideloaded were not showing as 'on my device'. So I thought maybe I hadn't sideloaded them so added them using Calibre. They then showed as on my device.

When the Kobo was fully charged I disconnected it and went to My Books and found the same two books twice in the list.

Is there some reason why sideloaded books are not shown as on my device in Calibre, I thought they always used to be?
From your above description the initial books you side loaded were not processed by the Kobo until you did the disconnect AFTER transferring content via calibre.

The books on device are populated by the Kobo Touch driver reading the Kobo database. The database is ONLY updated when the Kobo goes through the "processing stage" that occurs AFTER the device is disconnected

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2024, 03:00 AM   #4
Valkrider
Addict
Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, iPadAir2, PRS600, iPhone 6, iPod, Palm TX
Thanks @PeterT I will give that a try next time I have a book to add
Valkrider is offline   Reply With Quote