Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 01-28-2022, 08:44 AM   #1
kongjpn
kongjpn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Help! Automatically send new blog posts to Kindle/Nook/Kobo?

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, I didn't find what I was looking for in the forums when I looked!

I'm working on a blog about spending less time online (tips, research, hacks etc for phone/internet addiction). The irony isn't lost on me however that in order to access the blog, readers would need to be...online.

My solution to that problem is to host the blog with Medium (or similar) and allow readers to have new posts automatically sent to their e-readers for offline access - ideally this wouldn't be limited to any one device (Kindle or Nook etc) but all ereaders.

Other than the very useful Chrome/Edge plugin (which actually works really well, but quite a manual and Kindle-specific solution) I've not found much - automation apps (Zapier, Integromat, IFTTT etc) are all paid services that require a lot of end-user setup and that's a dealbreaker.

I've seen that Calibre can deliver new posts from established news sites like NY Times etc to all ereader devices, but there's no option to add your own source page. This is the closest I've come (so far) to what I'm trying to achieve.

Is anyone aware of a way I could do this?

TL;DR - I'd hoped there'd be a way owners of (any brand) ereader could 'subscribe' to a feed of my blog, and when their ereader connects to the WiFi it'd auto-download the latest posts. Is there a way to do this with Calibre?

Any help much appreciated!

Last edited by kongjpn; 01-28-2022 at 08:49 AM.
kongjpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 11:00 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Publish an RSS feed then your readers can simply use that in calibre as described here: https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/news.html
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert