Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 06-20-2024, 05:38 AM   #1
Jacques Q.
Connoisseur
Jacques Q. once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Jacques Q. once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Jacques Q. once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Jacques Q. once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Jacques Q. once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Jacques Q. once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Jacques Q. once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Jacques Q. once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Jacques Q. once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Jacques Q. once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Jacques Q. once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: quite a few Kindles...
editing problem with "toc" (changes not applied)

Hello.
My (admittedly slight) problem is this :
I want to rectify two small mistakes that appear in the "table des matières" of an EPub - one bad spelling mistake and one chapter showing as "x" instead of "Chapitre X" (both being already successfully corrected in the main text of the book).
I go to the "toc" part, rectify the mistakes, the text shows correctly on the WYSIWYG on the right.
I save the file, but when I open the EPub, the original mistakes are still there.
How come ? Is there a specific procedure to apply in the "toc" bit of an e-book ?
Thanks a lot in advance for any help.
Jacques Q. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 06:23 AM   #2
lomkiri
Zealot
lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
You probably try to edit the *.ncx of an epub3, but for this format the ToC is in a nav document (xhtml format). The ncx is there (and facultative) only for backward compatibility.

The best and more secure way to edit a ToC is to use the dedicated tool of calibre: menu tools / ToC / edit ToC, or the icon "Modify ToC" in the toolbar.

Last edited by lomkiri; 06-20-2024 at 12:30 PM.
lomkiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2024, 09:24 AM   #3
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
I think he edited a content html file with the inline ToC. He said the file showed fine in the preview pane, but ncx does not show there.

Anyway, like @lomkiri said, use the Edit ToC tool.
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote