Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-24-2024, 11:09 AM   #1
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Tolino similarities to Kobo

I've not been praying too much attention to the new Tolino devices and their relationship to the Kobo devices but I'm curious about a few things.

I presume they appear to the host pc as a USB storage device and not an MTP device.

Do they utilize a database on the device like Kobo devices, and where is this database located?

Is the database the same schema as we're used to?

What USB ID do they present to the host?

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2024, 02:34 AM   #2
rantanplan
Weirdo
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tolino Shine Color, Tolino Vision 6, Kobo Clara 2E, Boox Note Air 2+
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
This is only true for the latest models with the "new software".
It's a newer database schema because Tolino is shipping with Firmware 5.0.x, but the general layout it identical to Kobo. E.g. I use the tool October to upload annotations from my Tolino Shine Color to readwise. I have to point the tool manually to the Kobo database (it's located in the Kobo folder, where you'd expect it to be) but then it recognizes the database just fine.

-> https://october.utf9k.net
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2024, 02:48 AM   #3
beedaddy
Groupie
beedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Tolino Shine 5th Gen
Quote:
I presume they appear to the host pc as a USB storage device and not an MTP device.
Yes. No MTP.

Quote:
Do they utilize a database on the device like Kobo devices, and where is this database located?
Yes. The file is located at the usual place.

Quote:
As rantanplan said, they use an updated schema with firmware 5.x. There are a couple of additional tolino_* tables now. I've attached the schema.

Quote:
What USB ID do they present to the host?
I think the USB IDs are identical to the IDs of the Kobo devices. I'm not 100% sure but I think, currently Calibre identifies the new Tolinos as Kobo devices.
Attached Files
File Type: zip schema.zip (4.3 KB, 14 views)
beedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2024, 03:12 AM   #4
rantanplan
Weirdo
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

IIRC (I can check later today), Kobo identifies as "Koboreader" and Tolinos as "eReader device".
Old 06-25-2024, 03:28 AM   #5
beedaddy
Groupie
beedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Tolino Shine 5th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
IIRC (I can check later today), Kobo identifies as "Koboreader" and Tolinos as "eReader device".
Yes, but think the USB IDs are indeed identical.
beedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2024, 06:22 AM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Hmm.. thanks for all that.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2024, 07:53 AM   #7
rantanplan
Weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by beedaddy View Post
Yes, but think the USB IDs are indeed identical.
You're right.
Old 06-25-2024, 09:16 AM   #8
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
That may be because the 3 new Kobo models have the same USB ID and calibre uses the version file in the .kobo directory to determine the model.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote