Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-15-2023, 08:47 AM   #1
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
How to extract annotations from KoboReader.sqlite

Well, I have done a stupid thing: I disconnected from Kobo account. All my annotations are lost.

I have a copy of the old db. Is there a way to extract the annotations and put them again in the new db?

PS: I have calibre 6 and KoboUtilities plugin.
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2023, 09:06 AM   #2
qkqw
Connoisseur
qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Putting them back might be difficult, as the IDs of your books might have changed. But extracting them from your old Sqlite file should be quite easy. You could adapt this script to get all your annotations:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=349637
qkqw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2023, 09:14 AM   #3
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
So have I to temporarily replace the new db with the old db on the Kobo itself?

If so, I think I can sync the annotations with Calibre. My only doubt is: is it safe to replace the database with an old copy? I ask this because I also upgraded the firmware in the meanwhile...
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote