Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 12-11-2010, 07:29 PM   #1
Kymmmm
Connoisseur
Kymmmm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Kymmmm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Kymmmm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Kymmmm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook Color and Simple Touch
Nook Color accessories

I have ordered a Nook color (after a year of dithering over ereaders!) and was wondering of those who have a nook color, what accessories did you feel are a necessity, what would be nice and what are a waste of time/money?

Also, if you live outside the US, any pointers to places that supply and ship internationally?

Cheers
Kym
Kymmmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 07:49 PM   #2
Ozric
Zealot
Ozric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watch

Device: way too many =)
I just got a Nook Color last night. I'd say getting a cover is pretty important. I got this one and like it:

http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Indu...?cds2Pid=35616

And maybe some sort of screen protector. I'm trying a clear one right on my Nook Color right now. I use an anti-glare screen protector on my iPhone and I like it because I almost never have to wipe fingerprints off it. I almost went with one for my Nook, but then I decided to try a clear one because, at least in the case of my iPhone, the anti-glare protector impacts the clarity of the screen just a little bit.

So far the clear protector is working out well, though I have to angle the Nook so I don't see so many reflections in the screen.
Ozric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2010, 08:11 PM   #3
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
I personally don't like the screen protector films, but a cover is a must. I love the Leather Writer's cover. http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Leat...?cds2Pid=35616
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 08:30 PM   #4
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
+1 on the covers
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 06:56 AM   #5
Kymmmm
Connoisseur
Kymmmm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Kymmmm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Kymmmm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Kymmmm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Yes, I visited there today but they won't ship internationally...might have to use USunlocked or something. Actually there wasn't much to choose from on the B&N site. Perhaps they are rushed for orders and need to restock?

Thanks
Kym
Advert
Old 12-12-2010, 09:23 AM   #6
French
Groupie
French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
+2 on covers...I have this one:

http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Auto...?cds2Pid=35616
French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:13 PM   #7
jasonkchapman
Guru
jasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader, nook, Droid, nookColor, nookTablet
I'd definitely get a cover if you plan on taking it with you. I'd be very uncomfortable just dumping it in my bag and heading into the subway without one.
jasonkchapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:20 PM   #8
jswinden
Nameless Being

I too strongly recommend a good cover.

I first ordered the Luxury Label Cover (http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Luxu...?cds2Pid=35616). Although it is well constructed, it looks like very shiny patent leather (which is not evident from the product photos. This makes it a bit slippery to hold and it is a fingerprint magnet. Another drawback was the squared edges.

So I exchanged it for the Industriell Cover in Storm (http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Indu...?cds2Pid=35616). This one is charcoal gray, has a non-slip surface, doesn't show fingerprints as it has a matte finish, and it has rounded edges which make it look better and more closely resemble the NC itself which is rounded.

Last edited by jswinden; 12-13-2010 at 05:24 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:49 PM   #9
dixieknits
Addict
dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color
I bought this one off the shelf at Best Buy and love it. Has lots of nooks and crannies for notes, pen etc and folds over for good protection and makes a stand for reading. It fits perfect. You won't need a glarey little clip on light, so splurge and get a great case!!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Targus+-...274&st=ereader case red&cp=1&lp=2
dixieknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:09 AM   #10
Kymmmm
Connoisseur

If I could just find a seller who will post to Australia!

Cheers
Kym