Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2023, 09:46 AM   #1
zhentarim
zhentarim began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura N514
My Kobo Aura N514 is frozen

The power indicator lights when i hold the power switch and when charging. But the screen is frozen with 3 dots appearing. Nothing changes in the screen powering up and down. I opened the backplate and the device does not contain a memory other than sd cart expansion. So i couldn't change the firmware. Please help
Old 01-10-2023, 04:02 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
There is no image for he original Aura since the internal storage is not removable. However several people managed to use the external SD card with the original Aura H2O image. See Factory .img for Kobo Aura (N514) for a bit more information. If I ever knew the button combination to boot from the external SD card, I no longer remember it.

I'll send a link to the Aura H2O image in a PM.

Edit: PM sent

Last edited by DNSB; 01-10-2023 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Edit: PM sent
Advert
Old 07-05-2023, 01:52 PM   #3
ichwalrus
ichwalrus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Hi, could you please share the Aura H2O SD image, I have the same Kobo Aura N514 and it doenst work after bitlocker encryption and by mistake I deleted all files from the Kobo and now I cant set it up, Help please!
Old 07-05-2023, 11:21 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
If you deleted the files over a USB connection and not by removing the µSD card and connecting it directly to your computer, you should still be able to do a factory reset.

Quote:
  1. Charge your eReader for at least 1 hour.
  2. Make sure you have access to a Wi Fi connection.
  3. While your eReader is off, remove the port cover on the bottom of your eReader.
    Note: If your eReader doesn't turn off, try pressing and holding the power button for 20 to 30 seconds to force the power off.
  4. Insert a paper clip into the small hole beside the Micro USB slot and push gently until you feel the switch click.
  5. When you see square (or round with newer firmware) icons on the screen, repeat inserting a paper clip into the small hole beside the Micro USB slot and push gently.
  6. Repeat step 5 three more times. Your eReader's screen will turn black, and show a Critical error message. Don't worry, this is normal.
  7. Tap the check mark icon at the bottom of the screen to reset your eReader. You'll see a Restoring message on the screen.
If this doesn't work and you still want a copy of the Aura H2O image, post your request in the Factory .img for Kobo Aura (N514) thread.

For anyone else who runs into this thread, please post your firmware requests in the correct threads. Posting in random threads makes it all to easy to miss someone's request.

Last edited by DNSB; 07-05-2023 at 11:24 PM.
Closed Thread