Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old Yesterday, 11:15 PM   #1
AshleyReadsAlot
Reads 2 Much
AshleyReadsAlot began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Question Which ereader shows currently reading book cover after turning on the ereader?

Back when I read physical books it was a lot easier to remember the author and book title because every time I picked up the book I saw the cover. Now, with ebooks, I can't remember if I've read the book or not unless it was a really good book.

I want an ereader that shows the book cover every time I pick it up to continue reading. My question is are there any ereaders that show you the book cover like that? On my paperwhite I only see the tiny book cover once, if at all, when I select it from the library.

My experience is only with the kindle paperwhite and oasis.
AshleyReadsAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:42 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Most ereaders open on the page you left off, not on the cover. How else would you know your place?

Or do you mean displaying cover as a screensaver when sleeping? AFAIK Kindles, Kobos and Pocketbooks all do this.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Yesterday, 11:43 PM   #3
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The Libra2 shows the cover of the current book in progress while in sleep mode.
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:27 AM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Any of Kobo ereaders have the option to show the book cover while sleeping. Kindles also have that capability but can't remember which firmware revision added that capability under the Settings => Screen and brightness options.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:56 AM   #5
AshleyReadsAlot
Reads 2 Much
AshleyReadsAlot began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I have the version of kindle that shows the ads. If I wasn't so cheap... I feel cheated not knowing it shows the cover while sleeping. Had I known that I would have paid a little more and removed the ads. I didn't know!

I'll have to look into paying to get the ads removed.

Thanks for letting me know.
AshleyReadsAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
book cover, cover, ereader feature