correoparaappzz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Separate standalone books from series

hi, i want to divide my books between Stand-Alone and Series
correoparaappzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:40 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Moderator Notice
Moved to separate thread. It isn't a template question.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 11:40 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
True standalone does not have any (Series} entry. search series:false
or
Are you talking about books that are in a (Series) that do not have a specific place order?
For those, I set that to 0
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:33 PM   #4
correoparaappzz
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
True standalone does not have any (Series} entry. search series:false
or
Are you talking about books that are in a (Series) that do not have a specific place order?
For those, I set that to 0
What I want is to create a template that uses the default Series column, for example:

if $series == '' then 'Stand-Alone'
Old Today, 01:41 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
simply run the series:false search, the select All (ctrl-A)
Use the bulk mode Metadata Editor to set that name in Series (and set index to 0 ) Series MUST have an index

But doing your way makes the DB larger as there are now MORE entries in the Series Table (this is internal)
My plan (stated with small disks and RAM) Not setting a value IMPLIES a condition. Not Read, No Series, (no formats) Placeholder, wish list
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 02:01 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
For those books in a series that are supposedly stand alone (but usually are not), just number them based on the order you will read the series. So if you want to read one of them between 1 & 2, number it 2 and 2 as 3 and so on.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:35 PM   #7
correoparaappzz
Enthusiast

i don't know a lot of code, all i ask is for someone to tell me what do i need to put in [ if $series == 'here' ] so that the template reads it as set
Old Today, 03:04 PM   #8
HappyCalibreUser
Enthusiast
HappyCalibreUser began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by correoparaappzz View Post

hi, i want to divide my books between Stand-Alone and Series
You've already received some good advice. If I think I understand what you're looking to do- no code is needed.
The simplest for me would be one of 2 ways.

I would create a column whatever name you like.
Use SA for Stand-Alone or S for series in your column.
(S-A Brown Bear)
If that column makes you feel your screen looks too busy, hide/unhide that 1 column as needed.

But the easiest: in tags use 1 of 2 identifiers-
SA Brown Bear or S Brown Bear (or whatever) and pull whichever of the 2 tags from there.

Last edited by HappyCalibreUser; Today at 03:08 PM.
HappyCalibreUser is online now   Reply With Quote