Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-28-2013, 07:44 AM   #1
Klif
Klif shares his or her toysKlif shares his or her toysKlif shares his or her toysKlif shares his or her toysKlif shares his or her toysKlif shares his or her toysKlif shares his or her toysKlif shares his or her toysKlif shares his or her toysKlif shares his or her toysKlif shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle
Moving from Portable Installation to Proper Installation

I would like to switch from myportable installation to a proper installation. What is the best way to do so while also keeping my metadata, library, and plugins intact?

Thanks!
Klif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:59 AM   #2
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klif View Post
I would like to switch from myportable installation to a proper installation. What is the best way to do so while also keeping my metadata, library, and plugins intact?

Thanks!
Just backup your portable installation, then install the regular installation, then do a restore.

How do I backup calibre?

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2013, 09:34 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I use a 'Portable' install (on a 14G USB 2.5"HD) for my main Library, but use the Regular Calibre (32 or 64) to access it.

All you usually have to do is copy the configuration folder (calibre settings on Portable) contents

If yo are using Flash Media, beware that it has a 'usable lifecycle' and should be replaced at the first sign of data type(bad block) errors
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote