Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 02-04-2012, 11:29 PM   #1
jdm001
Connoisseur
jdm001 is on a distinguished road

Device: Entourage Dualbook
Interesting Development: Pocket Edge plus mouse control?

Well, i work at a place where I have access to all types of cables and computer supplies, and one of them I hadwhile i was reading a book at lunch at my desk was this:

http://www.showmecables.com/product/...2-Adapter.aspx

Some of you may recognize this USB TO DUAL PS2 ADAPTER from about 10 to 15 years ago. Back then, these allowed all the keyboards and mousetypes to be used on the new technology (at the time) of USB. Mostly on laptops more recently.

Well, I plugged it in with my old Keyboard and PS2 mouse attached. The keyboard worked... like I had hoped.

But, when my arm hit the mouse by accident, it highlighted an app!

I found out that it has the same exact functionality as the scroll button on the PE, and, you can leftclick and acivate (like pushing in the scroll button).

Further implications, I havent tried yet, but a wireless mouse would be able to control gestures like FF or REW for Pandora, start an app, take a posed picture, etc. The wireless mouse can move and click!

Any other ideas?
jdm001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:23 PM   #2
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
I was able to mimic this behavior with a USB mouse. Moving the mouse not only moves between Apps but also moves between screens. I was also able to open the Apps Menu from the Home Screen. I tried Pandora and indeed I was able to control basic player functions like Pause, Play etc.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2012, 01:05 AM   #3
MasterTec
Connoisseur
MasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: enTourage eDGe Pocket
I "inherited" a mini USB keyboard from my dad which has a tiny trackball built into it which works the same way as well although I haven't really played with it much.
MasterTec is offline   Reply With Quote