Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old Today, 06:41 AM   #1
AnnieQuinn
Enthusiast
AnnieQuinn began at the beginning.

Device: PC, Boox Go 6
What app do you use to manage your library and read books?

I am currently using the default library of the Boox device, and reading with NeoReader.
However, it seems that it cannot be managed well with the default library (or maybe I have not found the item to customize):
- When searching, the book will search the entire library instead of the sub-library as I expected.
- Cannot search by an author's name, or by metadata content.
- Cannot mark a book as favorite, and can find it at any time in the Favorites section.
The things I expected, Moon+ reader pro can meet well. But it is quite laggy when used on an e-reader.
Do you have any other suggestions?
I'm new, so sometimes I'll have silly questions.
Thanks for reading.
AnnieQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:11 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
To manage my eBook library and read eBooks, I use calibre. There is no other (IMHO) worth using.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 07:38 AM   #3
Sonnenfee
Zealot
Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Sony, Boox
To manage my library on my Boox Go Color 7 I use the Librera App.
For transferring the ebooks to the device I’m using Calibre.
Both works fine.
For reading ebooks I prefer KOReader.

With Librera you have much choices to search in your library and you can also set favourites. You can also open an ebook for reading with KOReader via Librera App.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1974.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	934.6 KB
ID:	211077  
Sonnenfee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:19 AM   #4
AnnieQuinn
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
To manage my eBook library and read eBooks, I use calibre. There is no other (IMHO) worth using.
Yes, I use Calibre on my computer, it's perfect. But I mean the process of using it on the e-reader.
On another side note, my Boox go 6 can't connect to Calibre. It gives a long error message. Maybe I'll create a new topic to ask in the Calibre section.
Old Today, 08:21 AM   #5
AnnieQuinn
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnenfee View Post
To manage my library on my Boox Go Color 7 I use the Librera App.
For transferring the ebooks to the device I’m using Calibre.
Both works fine.
For reading ebooks I prefer KOReader.

With Librera you have much choices to search in your library and you can also set favourites. You can also open an ebook for reading with KOReader via Librera App.
Thanks for sharing the information. I tried KoReader, but it seems too complicated for me. I will try it a few more times.
Advert
Old Today, 09:02 AM   #6
cellaris
Addict
cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Tolino, Bookeen, Onyx Boox, Boyue.
Librera for library management (it has numerous options for organising e-books and opening them directly with any reading programme) and AlReaderX (E-Ink), which is designed for Android and specifically adapted to Onyx devices, for reading e-books.
cellaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:15 AM   #7
AnnieQuinn
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellaris View Post
Librera for library management (it has numerous options for organising e-books and opening them directly with any reading programme) and AlReaderX (E-Ink), which is designed for Android and specifically adapted to Onyx devices, for reading e-books.
Thank you very much, I will note and try.