Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 10-03-2011, 10:17 PM   #1
lanslort
lanslort began at the beginning.

Device: entourage pocket edge
Help needed

I bought a PE on ebay last week, and it arrived on Saturday. It's not a good tablet as I thought before, but after two days of playing I was pretty satisfied.

I upgraded the system to ermine 1.02, installed a bunch of apps. Everything seems very good except it lost response sometimes, but all I need to do is just turning off the power and then on again.

But then it just died suddenly, when I tried to watch a video. I tried the moboplayer but there's only sound, so I turn to the player in the original system. It actually played for 2 seconds or so, and then the whole tablet just crashed. The LCD screen went black just like when you turn off, however the e-ink side remained the screen saver I changed. After that, I tried turn it off/on , push the reset button, or downgrade to dingo, but nothing works. I really don't know what to do with it now, and I need some advice from experience users. Thank you.
lanslort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:36 AM   #2
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
Off hand I would contact the seller and see if they will do anything. Unless someone has run into similar problems I'd guess you have hardware problems.

If the seller will not do anything you might try to open a case but don't know how they deal with that sort of thing.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2011, 12:49 AM   #3
crazy_horse
crazy_horse began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
try flashing the fw again

I had faced similar thing and I flashed the firmware and made it working.
crazy_horse is offline   Reply With Quote