Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old Yesterday, 10:08 PM   #1
Denodan1
Enthusiast
Denodan1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
who else perfers the 6" reader?

Have had Boox 7" and Kindle 7", and perfer my 6" paperwhite over 7", easier more comfy to read, much better to take anywhere as its smaller.

Been waiting for a colour reader so going for the Clara, due to its smaller form factor, dont care for 7" models, which maybe better and more premium, but the Libra is twice the price for basically the same thing, but bulker and not as comfy, and if you add in the stylus even more cost added to the Libra.

It maybe the better one, but don't need it or like its bigger form factor or any 7" for that matter. Find the 6" one far more convenient

Last edited by Denodan1; Yesterday at 10:14 PM.
Denodan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:12 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Personally, I prefer my 8" Sage ereader. These old eyes appreciate being able to use a larger font and a reasonable amount of text on the screen. I also have multiple other ereaders in use ranging from a Mini (5"), Clara HD and Paperwhite 10th gen (6") and a Libra Colour (7").
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Yesterday, 10:14 PM   #3
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
7'' and 8'' are my preferred size. I haven't used a 6'' reader since late 2017 and don't want to use one. No bigger than 8'', though - else it would be too heavy and unwieldy.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:49 PM   #4
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
I stick with the 6" readers. I like how compact my Clara is.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:09 AM   #5
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I would really prefer 5" but, as they are not made anymore, I stick to 6".
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 03:51 AM   #6
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
7'' and 8'' are my preferred size. I haven't used a 6'' reader since late 2017 and don't want to use one. No bigger than 8'', though - else it would be too heavy and unwieldy.
Yes. I read most on 8″ Sage and larger is too heavy, but 10.9″ tablet used for larger PDFs.
If I was out a lot (I'm not), especially travelling I'd like modern 4:3 5″, but as they don't make them, the matt 6.3" phone will do (like reading newspaper column). My 5″ Sony is on its last legs and the 4.7″ eink isn't as good as the Nxtpaper 40 phone.

I've not used 6″ except for tests since I got the 6.8″ original H2O. I also have 6″, 7″, 7.8″, 9.7″ and 10.3″ eink. So can compare.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:15 AM   #7
bohn
bohn began at the beginning.

Device: Glo HD
I prefer 6" , but since I mostly read at home, I find the Libra 2 good , with the buttons. Bit more text to read before needing to turn the pages, the buttons are sort of okay, not great (only the edges of the buttons are nice to push, the other ends have resistance).

But 6" is definitely great for taking out of the house.
bohn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:40 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I prefer larger then 6". I have a 7" Libra 2. And it's perfectly OK for taking out of the house. I don't need to get a 6" for out and about. An 8" would currently be too large for out an about. But 7" is perfect.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:14 AM   #9
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
Whilst my vision is still acceptable a 6" device is perfect for me. I carry my PB-HD3 in my pocket at all times.
neil_swann80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:30 AM   #10
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I prefer 6", I've tried 6"-10" and keep coming back to a 6". I have old eyes with corrected vision.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:31 AM   #11
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
6" is the sweet spot for me.
Turning pages is easy for me with my Bluetooth remote so I don't find a reason for a larger device.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:17 AM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
For me, I find a 7" eInk screen is more like reading a book then reading a screen.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:08 AM   #13
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
When I'm reading a book, it feels like I'm reading a book.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:37 AM   #14
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
For me, I find a 7" eInk screen is more like reading a book then reading a screen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
When I'm reading a book, it feels like I'm reading a book.
When I am reading a book, I am unaware that I am reading a book.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:01 AM   #15
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It seems you're implying that digital books aren't books because of the screens!
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote