Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old Yesterday, 05:31 PM   #1
perkin5
perkin5 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Sigil dark mode

I have just upgraded to Sigil 2.2.0 and I understand that it has a dark mode.

"New features: add support for Windows live switching from dark to light and light to dark modes"

I have been into preferences and the option to choose dark mode is already checked but it is not in dark mode.

What do I have to do to fix it?
perkin5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:04 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Sigil uses Windows' light/dark theme. Change Windows to dark/light and Sigil will change with it. The preference setting you're talking about only affects Preview when in dark mode.

For the record, Sigil has had a dark mode on Windows for a long time. If Windows used a dark theme, so did Sigil. The change with Sigil 2.2.0 is that "live" switching is possible. No need to restart Sigil when the Windows theme changes.

Last edited by DiapDealer; Yesterday at 09:00 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 05:44 AM   #3
perkin5

Thanks so much for that. I hadn't grasped the point so your advice sorted me out!
Old Today, 05:45 AM   #4
perkin5

Thanks

Thanks so much for that. I hadn't grasped the point so your advice sorted me out!
Old Today, 08:59 AM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
No problem.

Also note that in Sigil's preferences, you can choose between our own classic custom dark style and the dark style that is inherent to Qt apps since Qt6.5 on Windows.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert