Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-13-2022, 03:22 PM   #1
zakropotch
zakropotch began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
Failed to Export Data - Invalid Argument Error When Exporting Data

Good day, I was trying to export my Calibre data from my current library, and I get the following message a short while into the process:

Code:
calibre, version 5.43.0
ERROR: Failed: Failed to export data. Click "Show details" for more information.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\dialogs\exim.py", line 138, in run_action
File "calibre\utils\exim.py", line 194, in export
File "calibre\db\cache.py", line 74, in call_func_with_lock
File "calibre\db\cache.py", line 2438, in export_library
File "calibre\db\cache.py", line 647, in format_metadata
File "calibre\db\backend.py", line 1397, in format_metadata
File "calibre\utils\date.py", line 250, in utcfromtimestamp
OSError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument
I don't know how to fix this? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
zakropotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 10:29 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This is caused by one of the files in the calibre library having a negative timestamp. I will add a workaround for it in the next calibre release. https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...14804808f73976
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2022, 01:38 PM   #3
zakropotch

Thank you for the workaround. After updating Calibre to the latest release, I am still having an issue. I uploaded 2 screenshots shown side-by-side of both the Source and Destination folder for you to see what I'm getting. After exporting all the original Calibre library data from a folder called, "Calibre Library" to a new folder called, "Calibre", the destination folder shows the imported data as just data files. Is this how it's supposed to work? I was under the impression the entire folder would be copied over exactly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre-Issue.png
Views:	129
Size:	420.2 KB
ID:	194427  
Old 06-17-2022, 02:21 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
yes its just data files. https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...ter-to-another
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 06:42 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakropotch View Post
Thank you for the workaround. After updating Calibre to the latest release, I am still having an issue. I uploaded 2 screenshots shown side-by-side of both the Source and Destination folder for you to see what I'm getting. After exporting all the original Calibre library data from a folder called, "Calibre Library" to a new folder called, "Calibre", the destination folder shows the imported data as just data files. Is this how it's supposed to work? I was under the impression the entire folder would be copied over exactly.
When you started the Export, there was ALSO a menu Import. That is the other half of the process.
Export 'packages' everything for transit (or backup). The size of the pieces is done for cross compatibility reasons. (It works across OS).
Import allows the restoration (If you have multiple Libraries, you can choose to not do ALL of them.)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2022, 03:58 PM   #6
zakropotch

Great! Thank you for that information.
Old 06-18-2022, 06:09 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakropotch View Post
Great! Thank you for that information.
Launching Import works pretty much like a 'spanned-zip'. You just need to select any member of the archive (they all, do need to be in the same place).
It will locate the master file.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote