Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-19-2016, 01:51 AM   #1
moddyme
moddyme began at the beginning.

Device: android fbreader
Wink more books in my Calibre Library than those listed (no repeats) - urgent :D ;

i once scanned my Calibre Libary instead of my ebook archive and found many many more ebooks than if only through my ebook archive. all of my books i paid for in full by myself. what i don't understand is when i rescan Calibre Library despite there being so much in there how so much is likely left not added to my collection and further i want everything that is not a repeat into my collection ?

could use you help. i want as many books as i can in my library -- though listed. i don't have a clue to do it. tnx
moddyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:20 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A

You should never use Add books against the Library folder. NEVER, you will get a (bigger) mess

Preferences: Adding books has a setting for what to do when ADDING more books.

Find Duplicates Plugin (when configured to taste) will IDENTIFY most candidates for attention. You need to decide which action to do for each (dup) set found
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2016, 09:52 PM   #3
moddyme
moddyme began at the beginning.

Device: android fbreader
Talking i theorize the follow and it could be contingent

hello !

i add books through add books dropdown list because i not intellgent enough to configure it further. i select "no repeats" when rescanning or doing inital scan -- and, i happy. BUT what i see once is what i tried is scanning ~/Calibre Library and it found so many books that were not even repeats, i though even i was humbled by this discovery.

can you or anyone assist ? when i do this now, it simply says "just the same as original rescan and also given option not to repeat duplicates" thats good for me. i hope for lil better.

see ya

i do believe its possible it's got hidden books in there. i believe they mine.
moddyme is offline   Reply With Quote