Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-04-2019, 02:55 AM   #1
readnsleep
readnsleep began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Max 2, Kindle Oasis
Kindle App on Max2 (Firmware 2.1.2)

Hey there,

Does the Kindle app run properly on your Max2? Installation and opening books etc. are all good, but I can't turn the pages either using the touch screen or the page turn buttons - there's just no response at all, or the page would jump mysteriously to a random page.

Strangely, this one single book in my library has no problems mentioned above; probably due to the special page layout?

https://www.amazon.com/Guitar-Book-A...al-text&sr=1-2

Is it just me or you all have the same thing? Is Onyx working on a fix? Any tips to get the Kindle app to behave on Max2?

Thanks!
readnsleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 06:44 AM   #2
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by readnsleep View Post
Hey there,

Does the Kindle app run properly on your Max2? Installation and opening books etc. are all good, but I can't turn the pages either using the touch screen or the page turn buttons - there's just no response at all, or the page would jump mysteriously to a random page.

Strangely, this one single book in my library has no problems mentioned above; probably due to the special page layout?

https://www.amazon.com/Guitar-Book-A...al-text&sr=1-2

Is it just me or you all have the same thing? Is Onyx working on a fix? Any tips to get the Kindle app to behave on Max2?

Thanks!
Here's the fix recommended by Onyx. It works on my Nova:

Long press the Kindle icon.

When the small window pops up, tap "Optimize".

When the Optimization screen comes up, look for Animation Timeout.

Tap "None" on the far right of where "Animation Timeout" is.

Change the value to 300.

Leave that window and try the Kindle app again. Page-turning should work much better.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2019, 07:49 AM   #3
readnsleep
readnsleep began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Max 2, Kindle Oasis
Thumbs up

It works! Thank you so much; I'm loving my Max2 even more now

By the way the "Use Page Key as Volume Key" option is checked by default. I tried to be clever and unchecked the box. Turns out you need to leave it checked in order for the page keys to work.

Back to the books; thanks again!
readnsleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 10:00 AM   #4
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This will also help on other reading apps if the page-turning seems too slow.

Glad it worked for you!
Old 08-04-2019, 09:32 PM   #5
downeaster59
Wizard

One more thing: every time the Kindle app updates, you may need to apply this fix again!
Advert