Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-07-2024, 01:37 PM   #1
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
An abundance of Claras, a derth of Libra(s)

Right now, on Kobo's U.S. website you can buy (new) all four Clara models (plus a refurbished Clara HD).

But you can only buy one Libra model?

Seems kind of skewed.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2024, 01:48 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Right now, on Kobo's U.S. website you can buy (new) all four Clara models (plus a refurbished Clara HD).

Seems kind of skewed.
Not really considering the Libra 2 is discontinued.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2024, 03:02 PM   #3
Lys
Zealot
Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Too many) Kobo(s)
Quote:

Seems kind of skewed.
On their store here,

New:
Libra Colour
Clara Colour
Clara BW

Refurbished:
Libra 2
Libra H2O
Clara HD
Lys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2024, 07:35 PM   #4
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Thank goodness! I broke my Clara yesterday And I'm going on a cruise on Sunday! Believe it or not, I'm going to make do with the old Nook STG that somebody here sent me.

When I get back, I think I'll order a Clara BW.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2024, 10:51 PM   #5
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Not really considering the Libra 2 is discontinued.
I understand. The Libra Colour is the only Libra that is for for sale on the U.S. Kobo site. I was including it as part of the Libra line.
Advert
Old 06-07-2024, 10:54 PM   #6
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Thank goodness! I broke my Clara yesterday And I'm going on a cruise on Sunday! Believe it or not, I'm going to make do with the old Nook STG that somebody here sent me.

When I get back, I think I'll order a Clara BW.
Sorry to hear about your Clara. Too bad Amazon no longer sells and ships Kobos (all Blue Proton now) — you used to be able to get them with 2 day shipping (used to be able to get 2 day shipping from Walmart as well).
Old 06-08-2024, 08:09 PM   #7
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Sorry to hear about your Clara. Too bad Amazon no longer sells and ships Kobos (all Blue Proton now) — you used to be able to get them with 2 day shipping (used to be able to get 2 day shipping from Walmart as well).
Yeah, I had a good experience buying my Clara from Walmart.

Next weekend is Father's Day. Maybe if I'm lucky there will be a deal. I already have the Clara and a case in my Amazon cart.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 07:06 PM   #8
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
What is 'too bad' about Blue Proton (selling on amazon.com)? Or why not purchase from kobo.com? or Walmart.com for that matter?
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 10:03 PM   #9
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
What is 'too bad' about Blue Proton (selling on amazon.com)? Or why not purchase from kobo.com? or Walmart.com for that matter?
My "too bad" is that you can no longer get 2 day shipping. In the U.S. both Walmart and Amazon used to offer two day shipping for Kobos — so, if that was still the case, ZodWallop could have ordered a new Kobo and received it before he left on his cruise.

As for Blue Proton, I don't know anything about them, except that their shipping is slower than what Amazon or Walmart used to offer. If I bought a Clara from Walmart today — for example — I wouldn't receive it until June 20th. When I bought my Clara HD from Walmart a couple years ago I picked it up the next day (or the day after that?).

I like it when there's competition. Before Blue Proton became the only seller of Kobos in the U.S. (besides Kobo themselves) even their own shipping was faster. Now that it's exclusively them (or Kobo), it appears they have no incentive to ship quickly. Walmart's and Amazon's two day shipping spoiled me.

Last edited by rcentros; 06-10-2024 at 10:05 PM.
Old 06-11-2024, 01:21 AM   #10
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
My "too bad" is that you can no longer get 2 day shipping. In the U.S. both Walmart and Amazon used to offer two day shipping for Kobos — so, if that was still the case, ZodWallop could have ordered a new Kobo and received it before he left on his cruise.

As for Blue Proton, I don't know anything about them, except that their shipping is slower than what Amazon or Walmart used to offer. If I bought a Clara from Walmart today — for example — I wouldn't receive it until June 20th. When I bought my Clara HD from Walmart a couple years ago I picked it up the next day (or the day after that?).

I like it when there's competition. Before Blue Proton became the only seller of Kobos in the U.S. (besides Kobo themselves) even their own shipping was faster. Now that it's exclusively them (or Kobo), it appears they have no incentive to ship quickly. Walmart's and Amazon's two day shipping spoiled me.
Thanks. I am thinking about getting Clara Colour and shipping time matters not at all to me. Probably will go with Walmart if I order one.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 04:46 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

I ordered my Kobo Aura H2O on Thanksgiving Thursday from Chapters. I received it on the next Sunday. That to me was pretty fast.
Old 06-11-2024, 09:04 PM   #12
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
I ordered my Kobo Aura H2O on Thanksgiving Thursday from Chapters. I received it on the next Sunday. That to me was pretty fast.
I forget about Indigo/Chapters sometimes. They're not "officially" a dealer in the U.S., but I've heard good things about them.
Old 06-12-2024, 04:47 AM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
I forget about Indigo/Chapters sometimes. They're not "officially" a dealer in the U.S., but I've heard good things about them.
I had a look at Chapter's site last night and yes, they have the Libra 2. But it's for pick-up only. So that's out.
Old 06-12-2024, 04:59 AM   #14
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
I had a look at Chapter's site last night and yes, they have the Libra 2. But it's for pick-up only. So that's out.
I checked that a while back and they were already out of Libra 2s for shipping.
Old 06-12-2024, 05:01 AM   #15
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Deleted.

Last edited by rcentros; 06-13-2024 at 01:46 AM. Reason: Redundant.