Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-25-2022, 05:40 AM   #1
Colonel Cathcart
Addict
Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Possible RTL bug or (Kobo interoperability issue) in the Edit metadata panel

I noticed that my Hebrew books' synopsis on the Kobo (My Books -> ... -> View Details) is displayed left justified, which is a bit odd for a RTL language such as Hebrew. So I opened the Edit metadata pane of some of those books and it seems that the a paragraphs' justification is set to the default which is left justified.
However, in that WYSIWYG pane, left alignment for "rtl"-direction text is displayed as right justified. On the Kobo it is displayed, as one would expect, as left justified. If I change it to right alignment it is now displayed "wrong" in Calibre (left justified) but displays correctly on my Kobo device.

btw, I auto converted from epub to kepub, always using the latest Calibre.

Here's a bit of Hebrew paragraph synopsis (from Yuval Noah Harari's Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind) if anyone want to try and recreate this. If the write-up is unclear I'll gladly provide some screenshots.
Code:
<div>
<p dir="rtl">לפני מאה אלף שנים חיו בכדור הארץ לפחות שישה מינים שונים של אדם. אף לאחד מהם לא היתה חשיבות מיוחדת. תפקידם בטבע לא היה גדול מזה של גורילות, גחליליות או סוסוני ים. לפני כשבעים אלף שנה התחולל שינוי מסתורי כלשהו בתודעתו של אחד ממיני האדם הללו — הומו סאפיינס — ודחף אותו להשתלט על העולם כולו.ההיסטוריה של הומו סאפיינס מאז ועד היום היא לעתים מזעזעת, לעתים משעשעת ותמיד מרתקת. מה בדיוק קרה להומו סאפיינס לפני שבעים אלף שנה שדחף אותו להשתלט על העולם? איך ולמה נעלמו כל יתר מיני האדם? מתי הפך הכלב לידידו הטוב של האדם? מתי המציאו את הכסף ואת האלים הגדולים, ומדוע? על שום מה סברו כמעט כל החברות האנושיות בהיסטוריה שנשים נחותות מגברים? האם אפשר לקיים חברה אנושית ללא אפליה וללא דעות קדומות? האם אפשר לשלוט ביעילות ולאורך זמן בעמים כבושים? כיצד כבשו המדע, הקפיטליזם ואירופה את העולם? האם יש להיסטוריה כיוון? האם יש צדק בהיסטוריה? האם בני אדם נהיו מאושרים יותר לאורך ההיסטוריה? ומה הסיכוי שיהיו בני אדם בכדור הארץ בעוד מאה שנה?קיצור תולדות האנושות מנסה להציע תשובות על שאלות אלו ואחרות,</p></div>
Colonel Cathcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 10:45 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This wil becaused by differences in the respective HTML display widgets. In calibre's case this is QtTextbrowser which has limited RTL support. Decide which place is more important to you and use the markup appropriate for that.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2022, 10:58 AM   #3
Colonel Cathcart
Addict
Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
OK. Thank you.
Colonel Cathcart is offline   Reply With Quote