Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-19-2012, 07:20 PM   #1
andy_0
andy_0 began at the beginning.

Device: none
calibre eBook Reader - abnormal scroll behaviour

Hi,

I am using calibre and the included eBook Reader for a few years now. As far as I know one always could set up the eBook Reader application to only switch pages on chapter end if you press "Page Down" or "Space" or at least this was the default behaviour. I installed calibre 0.8.51 on a Windows system and now the page flips with a normal push on scroll down. This behavour is driving me crazy. I read to the end of a chapter and want to finish reading it. I just don't realize I am already on the chapter end and when I want to scroll down further (while being around half of the text) my reading is interrupted.

Did I miss anything or is this behaviour new? Can I set up the old behaviour? On my outdated version of calibre (~0.8.20) on a Linux machine is still behaving "properly".
andy_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:21 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_0 View Post
Hi,

I am using calibre and the included eBook Reader for a few years now. As far as I know one always could set up the eBook Reader application to only switch pages on chapter end if you press "Page Down" or "Space" or at least this was the default behaviour. I installed calibre 0.8.51 on a Windows system and now the page flips with a normal push on scroll down. This behavour is driving me crazy. I read to the end of a chapter and want to finish reading it. I just don't realize I am already on the chapter end and when I want to scroll down further (while being around half of the text) my reading is interrupted.

Did I miss anything or is this behaviour new? Can I set up the old behaviour? On my outdated version of calibre (~0.8.20) on a Linux machine is still behaving "properly".
I think it was 8.45 that changed this for 'Page boundary's'
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2012, 12:50 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'll add an option to the viewer preferences to restore the old behavior for the next release.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:43 AM   #4
andy_0

That sounds great. Thanks .
Old 06-04-2012, 07:20 PM   #5
litchick
litchick began at the beginning.

Device: calibre
Where is the option to restore old behavior for scroll problems? The up and down arrows don't work either. I'm going nuts, too. Gotta read. THANKS
litchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2012, 07:25 PM   #6
andy_0

In the eBook Viewer settings menu, general tab at the very bottom you find the option labeled "Line scrolling stops at page breaks". Just tick the check box. FYI: with version 0.8.53 (initial release version) it seems not to be translated to all languages.