Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Yesterday, 07:33 PM   #1
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Kobo Download Error

I just bought a Kobo book and attempted to download it with ADE as usual, and I get the error:

E_ADEPT_DOCUMENT_TOO_SHORT

Various web sources indicates this means the book file I'm trying to download is corrupt. Do I have to contact Kobo support for this, or is there another solution?
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:06 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra H2O, Libra Colour
It's probably worth while reaching out to Kobo
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Yesterday, 11:33 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Last time I ran into that error, we needed to re-authorize ADE on the computer.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:42 AM   #4
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, I guess I'll have to research how to do that and contact Kobo support if it doesn't work.
Old Today, 01:11 AM   #5
Aleron Ives
Wizard

I removed my authorisation and authorised again, but the error persists.
Advert
Old Today, 01:45 AM   #6
Aleron Ives
Wizard

So, I just chatted with the Minerva chatbot and an agent who claimed to reset the license for the book and advised me to update ADE before trying again.

Since I'm using Linux, I don't want to risk breaking my currently working version of ADE 2.0 for an update that might not help.

Has anyone else had a license reset that solved a download error before? Should I try to download again with ADE 2.0, risk updating ADE, or potentially switch to the Calibre DeACSM plugin and give up ADE entirely?

*edit*

The error persists on ADE 2.0, even after deleting the Adept key from the registry and re-authorising yet again.

Last edited by Aleron Ives; Today at 02:06 AM.
Old Today, 02:48 AM   #7
beedaddy
Groupie
beedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Kobo Libra 2 & Clara 2E, Tolino shine 5th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
Should I try to download again with ADE 2.0, risk updating ADE, or potentially switch to the Calibre DeACSM plugin and give up ADE entirely?
I tend to recommend the latter. I once used ADE 4.x successfully (you can install it easily via winetricks). Nowadays, I only use the DeACSM plugin (but not often, since most of the epubs are drm-free in Germany).
beedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:15 AM   #8
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Maybe try downloading with the Libby website?

Edit: I mean use the Libby website to get the ACSM file, and then use ADE.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote