Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 01-18-2023, 06:09 PM   #1
gpm
gpm began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook, Tolino, Sony
server site in browser FF looks strange

I managed to install calibre (6.11) on my headless server (Debian 11).
Everything works fine, except - in Firefox the server site looks strange. It shows the 'titlebar' (don't know how it's called) twice, one fixed on the top and one which scrolls with and on top of the contents. See attached pic.

This is only visible in FF, every other browser shows it correct.
The settings including 'server-custom-list-template.json' are the same as on my Raspberry which also runs on Debian 11 but calibre is v.5.12.
It is no critical issue but I would like to learn and know.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre-issue.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	377.9 KB
ID:	199117  
gpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 09:17 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Looks fine in Firefox for me, with default settings. Though I dont see how settings could impact this. What version of FIrefox are you using?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2023, 03:18 PM   #3
gpm

FF version is 108.0.2 (64-Bit)
Ya, it must be something in FF. Other browsers don't have this issue. Mobile browsers neither.
I tried with all add-ons deactivated but no avail.
Seems it is a 'only-for-me-with-this-very-firefox' issue.
I can live with that as long as clibre-server does it's job. It does, obviously.
Thx for looking! (You're awesome!)
Edit: Removed credentials

Last edited by gpm; 01-20-2023 at 05:40 AM.
Old 01-19-2023, 03:40 PM   #4
gpm

Most of all the second 'titlebar' lacks any function. clicking on it does just nothing. It just sits there with the space above it.
Old 01-19-2023, 07:15 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I tried your site in FF 109.0 on Windows 11 64bit and did not get the secondary titlebar. OTOH, you might want to edit your message to remove the username/password information.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2023, 05:43 AM   #6
gpm

Thx for looking into it.
I've removed the credentials. It was a temp account for testing purposes anyway.
I identified the culprit. It's a add-on named 'LastPass'.

Last edited by gpm; 01-20-2023 at 06:00 AM.
Old 01-20-2023, 11:22 AM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpm View Post
Thx for looking into it.
I've removed the credentials. It was a temp account for testing purposes anyway.
I identified the culprit. It's a add-on named 'LastPass'.
Weird for a password manager to cause a display issue.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote