Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-26-2009, 01:48 PM   #1
Siwickimom
Bookin' it!
Siwickimom began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505- Sangria :) and Black Aluratek Libre
Hello from Michigan!

Hi everyone! I have been lurking anonymously around here for the last month or so while trying to decide between a Kindle 2 or a Sony 505. I finally decided to just register and start a thread in the 'Which one Should I buy" forum, and thought I would come over here and say hello as well!

Rebecca
Siwickimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:54 PM   #2
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Waiting for a kindle!
Hi Rebecca, I hope people here help you. I joined when I was trying to decide what to buy and I found lots of really useful information. And lots of it was about devices I hadn't considered or even heard of. I learnt that there are lots of good devices, and you have to decide what really matters to you and find the reader that does that the best.

Judging by the many happy users out there you'll probably be happy with whatever you end up with.

Personally I went for a Sony 505, but the advantages of the Kindle are reduced for me because I'm based in the UK. I do love my 505 and it's great for reading on, so it does everything I need

When you have decided what reader you want then make sure you look at the free ebooks available here - lots for both the kindle and the sony.
ruth1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2009, 03:16 PM   #3
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Hi Rebecca. Welcome to MR!

I agree with ruth1304 that you'll probably be happy either way--because you'll be reading! On an e-ink screen!!

I've said in other threads that I think you get more bang for the buck with the 505, but there are a couple of things I really like about my Kindle. One is whispernet connectivity to Wikipedia. For example, I'm reading A Tale of Two Cities and it's neat to be able to look up some of the characters to see if they were real historical figures and if so, what part they played in the French revolution. I do that kinda thing pretty often. But I'm probably one of Amazon's worst customers; I get most of my books from right here on MR
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:29 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Rebecca and welcome to MobileRead. I've had a Sony 505 for over a year and a ha;lf and really like it
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:48 PM   #5
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Welcome to the forum! I vote Sony 505! It's perfect for easily checking out library books It does exactly what I want it to do (display books nicely so I can read them!) and nothing that I don't need.

Good luck making your decision, and welcome again
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2009, 09:40 PM   #6
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Hi Rebecca and welcome to Mobile Read!
I hope you find the device that fits your needs!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:40 PM   #7
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, Rebecca!

Since you've been lurking for awhile, you probably already know about all the free ebooks you can download from MR and how helpful the people are with questions or concerns you might have. Be sure to spend some time in the lounge and don't be shy about jumping in. It's a great place to spend some time! Good Luck choosing a reader. I love both of mine.

Enjoy!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote