Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-19-2024, 02:08 PM   #1
Dal Bhat
Dal Bhat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 11th Gen
If I reset my Kindle, what do I have to redo in Calibre library setup?

If anything.

Why I ask: I have ghosts of books in my 11th Gen Kindle that were former library loans, prior to discovering Calibre. Not knowing any better, I tried to delete them, but I can't complete that because I do not turn on wifi, so I'm stuck with them. The only options to clear them off are "return to library" from where I borrowed them.

I plan to always use Calibre to sideload any future loans or purchased books.

Q's if I reset the device:

1) Do I have to register it again with my Amazon acct? (If I never turn on wifi, Amazon won't know that it has been reset, right?)

2) Anything I have to do in Calibre re: plugins? --Same device, same serial # saved there, e.g. DeDRM.

3) More generally, is Calibre agnostic when it comes to a reset device that has never had wifi turned on and is unregistered?

What else should I know or do?
Dal Bhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2024, 04:42 PM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Authors/Publishers don't get paid if you don't load loans direct from Amazon.

Public Libraries work differently and it's still a loan so shouldn't be in Calibre.

Calibre is for managing bought, free, your own generated content and Publlc Domain and it's not designed for loans.

DeDRM is for bought or free books with DRM. It's not meant to be used to remove DRM on Library or loans or KU (That's copyright violation). Your own generated content and Publlc Domain content never has DRM.

You can keep WiFi off if you never use loans.

Calibre doesn't care if a Kindle is reset.

It depends on the kind of reset if the Kindle needs signed in. That's not the same as re-registering, which is different.

Last edited by Quoth; 06-19-2024 at 04:49 PM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert