Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old Yesterday, 05:57 PM   #1
theboomr
theboomr began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Era Color
Wondering about the SleepScreen.pbi file created by another user...

Hi, I got a Pocketbook Era Color semi-recently, and have still been working on customizing it fully to my liking. I do like the open-ness of the OS compared to my previous Kobo device, but some things do not work quite how I'd like. One particular thing is getting the cover of the book I've last had open to show up as my sleep screen and as my powered off screen. I use Koreader, and it has the Cover Image plugin, which I can use to set one of these, but not both (possibly the Koreader plugin could be updated to allow writing the cover image to more than one file location...).

I also recently found this post where neil_swann80 had created a simple app to install on Pocketbook devices, allowing to manually set the power off image, sleep image, and boot image. 2 things about this: 1, it doesn't seem to work on my Era Color after installing it; and 2, if neil_swann80 sees this post, I'm wondering if there's any possibility of this kind of tool being able to auto-detect what book has most recently been opened? I'm not that optimistic, but figured I would ask anyway!

It's very annoying that Pocketbook OS has the option to set current book cover as the power off image, but it doesn't work if you are using Koreader (or any other 3rd-party reader app) instead of the default one.

Also very annoying that Pocketbook OS will grab a custom sleep screen image if you write to that location with Koreader, but it caches it, so if you change books without rebooting the device, the sleep screen does not update with the new book :/ I haven't seen anyone with a solution to that issue so far, but I'm just venting here lol.
theboomr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:54 AM   #2
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboomr View Post
...I'm wondering if there's any possibility of this kind of tool being able to auto-detect what book has most recently been opened? I'm not that optimistic, but figured I would ask anyway!
I was toying with a script that could check for the last opened book, comparing the last opened PBReader and KOReader book. The tricky thing would be in getting it to run on a schedule, ideally it would need to be a startup script which would require root.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboomr View Post
I use Koreader, and it has the Cover Image plugin, which I can use to set one of these, but not both...
What may work is a simple script, potentially added to /mnt/usr/system/bin/koreader.app, that simply copies the cover image KOReader has created in one directory to the other. I think this should then run every time KOReader is started via launching a book from the home screen and/or library (but not if KOReader launched directly as its own app).

Last edited by neil_swann80; Today at 08:37 AM.
neil_swann80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert