Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-22-2017, 12:18 PM   #1
tfoz
tfoz began at the beginning.

Device: Apple
Books listed in Calibre don't match what's in my library

Hey all,

Hoping someone has an idea on how to fix this problem. I'm finding several instances where the books listed within Calibre don't match the books that I've actually added and that are actually in my library. I have switched computers in the last year and I just copied the entire library over when I did. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tfoz

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 12-22-2017 at 12:20 PM.
tfoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 03:46 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfoz View Post
Hey all,

Hoping someone has an idea on how to fix this problem. I'm finding several instances where the books listed within Calibre don't match the books that I've actually added and that are actually in my library. I have switched computers in the last year and I just copied the entire library over when I did. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tfoz
Sorry, but I don't understand the question. Are you talking about calibre, calibre companion, or both? What do you mean by "don't match" and "are actually in my library"? What would "fix" the problem?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2017, 05:08 PM   #3
tfoz

I'm using Calibre V 3.14. I have a large collection of ebooks I've gathered over the years. Today when I went to a couple of my authors, I noticed that some of the books I had added were not showing up. However, when I browsed to the Calibre directory and I found the books in the author directory where they should be. I've got well over 22k books so I just perused a couple authors but I found at least two different authors that are only showing some of the books in the Calibre view window that actually physically exist on the computer.

Make sense?
Old 12-22-2017, 05:16 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfoz View Post
I'm using Calibre V 3.14. I have a large collection of ebooks I've gathered over the years. Today when I went to a couple of my authors, I noticed that some of the books I had added were not showing up. However, when I browsed to the Calibre directory and I found the books in the author directory where they should be. I've got well over 22k books so I just perused a couple authors but I found at least two different authors that are only showing some of the books in the Calibre view window that actually physically exist on the computer.

Make sense?
Sorry, but ...

Does your question have anything to do with the Calibre Companion (CC) iOS or Android App? The reason I ask is that the post was moved to the CC forum, but it seems that you are asking about calibre itself. If this is indeed a calibre question then I can move the thread to the calibre forum where you will more likely get answers. However, if you are really asking a CC question then we need more conversation about what the actual problem might be.
Old 12-22-2017, 06:10 PM   #5
tfoz

It's definitely a Calibre question and NOT a CC question.

Thanks,
Advert
Old 12-22-2017, 06:17 PM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Moderator Notice
Moved to calibre forum
Old 12-22-2017, 06:53 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Use the Library Maintenance->Check Library tool, it will match the library subfolders to the database author and book tables and report discrepancies. Some may be fixable, others may require you to move sub-folders elsewhere and re-add the books.

This sort of problem is almost invariably caused by using a file manager to alter the library contents, i.e. deleting and renaming folders and files etc. That's a no-no with calibre. To maintain coherence between the database and file system all changes must be done in the calibre library management application - e.g. via adjusting the Author Name and Book Title metadata .

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 08:18 PM   #8
tfoz

Thanks for the info! I'll try that.

Tfoz