Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-04-2010, 01:28 PM   #1
zdavatz
Connoisseur
zdavatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zdavatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zdavatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zdavatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zdavatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zdavatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zdavatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zdavatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zdavatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zdavatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zdavatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPhone, HTC D2 not Sony.
Best software for reading ebooks on HTC HD2 T8585

Hi

What software can you recommend me besides the MobiPocket Reader to read either ebooks in mobi or epub format on a Windows Mobile HTC HD2 T8585 Device?

Thank you for your Feeback.

Best
Zeno
zdavatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 02:06 PM   #2
jasoraso
Addict
jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Touch, Nook Color (rooted) and Samsung Galaxy Nexus
You might want to give this epub reader a try. I'm really starting to like it:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ighlight=freda

Also, HTC is working a Epub reader that integrates nicely into the SenseUI interface on the HD2 device. There are some variations available at xda-developers.com.

The freda reader is more customizable and powerful.

The HTC SenseUI reader is nice because it interfaces with the homescreen (it is a tab like the weather, internet or document tabs), and the indexing and loading of books is complicated. HOWEVER, it looks like there are plans to integrate it with a bookstore to purchase books!
jasoraso is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2010, 07:31 PM   #3
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
I am using Freda, too. And can highly recommend it. The reader integrated into Sense is also available for my phone (Touch Pro2), cooked into some of the latest user ROMs. I will try it out, once these ROMs become more stable. However, having Freda on the shortcut menu is not any less convenient than having a reader on an extra tab. Enjoy that great screen, I envy you for it -- but I have the great keyboard. Let us hope we will see it all soon. 4.3" Amoled screen and full querty keyboard. And now with a 1.5 GHtz processor!
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:16 AM   #4
zdavatz
Connoisseur
zdavatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zdavatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zdavatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zdavatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zdavatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zdavatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zdavatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zdavatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zdavatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zdavatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zdavatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I tried to install the Freda Reader but that wanted some Microsoft Net Compact Framework. Any hints on how to install that? At the moment it does not start on my mobile device.

Best
Zeno
Old 03-05-2010, 03:24 AM   #5
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
your ROM doesn't include NET framework? That does seem rather odd. Just search for Microsoft .NET compact framework 3.5 on Google, download and install it.

And another suggestion. Go to the following website www.xda-developers.com. Go to the forum and search for the HD2. There you can read up on everything you need to know about how to make the most of your device. Additional software, tweaks, tips, trouble shooting, etc.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2010, 02:15 AM   #6
zdavatz
Connoisseur

Thank you, I will test that!

Tags
epub, hd2, htc, mobi, t8585