Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-02-2015, 08:16 AM   #1
Dryaan
Dryaan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Can't get dictionary to work with koreader

Hi there,

I have a Kobo Glo HD and recently tried to switch to koreader. I got Kobo Start Menu 08 and the latest stable version of koreader. [Obscene language deleted] and imho not as comfortable to use as nickel for a random user like me, but it's way faster and I find PDFs to be better handled.

However, I can't get dictionaries to work. I downloaded the Wiktionary from http://www.dictinfo.com (all languages), got the dict, idx and ifo files and following the instructions from https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ionary-support, I put them in .adds/koreader/data/dict (and since the instructions are not the clearest, also tried putting the files in another folder in data/dict/ instead of directly). No luck, still "No definition found.".

What did I do wrong?

Cheers!

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-02-2015 at 09:23 AM.
Dryaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 09:13 AM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Did you reboot your device? I just added "wikt-en-ALL-2015-07-20" and did a dictionary lookup using "test". the definition returned =
Czech n.
(I en test)

"forward" gave a much more expected result.
The online Wikipedia plugin gave a much more concise/limited 4 line result.

Luck;
Ken

I guess I missed something while I was editing my post.
Just for the record I downloaded the 70MB version from that same site, a couple of days ago, that is what gave the results posted above.

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 11-02-2015 at 09:53 AM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2015, 09:25 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

Dryaan:

Mobileread is a family-friendly site. We do not allow obscene language here. Your obscenity has been deleted.

You need to read our Posting Guidelines, located at the bottom of every page, before you make another post.

Thank you for your understanding.

Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 02:48 AM   #4
Dryaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Did you reboot your device? I just added "wikt-en-ALL-2015-07-20" and did a dictionary lookup using "test". the definition returned =
Czech n.
(I en test)

"forward" gave a much more expected result.
The online Wikipedia plugin gave a much more concise/limited 4 line result.

Luck;
Ken

I guess I missed something while I was editing my post.
Just for the record I downloaded the 70MB version from that same site, a couple of days ago, that is what gave the results posted above.
Thanks for the answer. I downloaded the same 70mb version, and I reboot my device everytime I unplug it. Still no luck. I travel al' the time, so rarely have wifi on my Kobo unfortunately
Old 11-03-2015, 08:22 AM   #5
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
OK, all I did is place the three files into the /mnt/onboard/.adds/koreader/data/dict/ folder, I am still using KSM 07+4. I have the files for 5 dictionaries on that page, including the files for this one. I also have two stardict-{dictionary name} folders that contain the same type of folders for two more dictionaries that I get results from.

Once they are there, and you rebooted, you should also find a fourth file, an .idx.oft .

It is working fine on my Aura HD.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 11-03-2015 at 08:43 AM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2015, 05:16 AM   #6
Dryaan

Okay! Somehow it was just the idx file who was empty. But thanks to you, I knew I did it the right way. Cheers!